Monday, May 1, 2017

"I have been asked what I mean by 'Word of honor.' I will tell you: place me behind prison walls-walls so ever high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle ? No, never! I'd die first."

                                                         Image result for karl g maeser
                                                         By: Karl G. Maeser

                     Everyone has pride and honor because thats just how we humans are but these two things are one of the most important things to people and people who usually have this, they have respect for themselves and others. This is a good thing because people always make a promise but their are some that just say that and never complete it and that is making you seem like a lair and it makes look even worse when you give your word of honor because you and everyone else has honor and you will break that honor by not keeping your promise because it is your responsibility to remember about it and your responsibility to keep that promise. When you don't care about what you said and gave it is your problem to deal with it because people won't be able to trust you no more because you look like a liar in their eyes and you are lying to yourself. If you knew you could not fulfill that promise why make it in the first place and be honest about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment